Making the HOS Ruling Work for You
Did you know that the ELD (Electronic Logging Device) mandate has a grandfather provision for e-logging solutions installed before December 16th 2017? This provision applies to solutions known as Automatic On-Board Recording Devices or AOBRDs. If you’re looking for more flexibility and control, you do have options.
Here’s a comparison chart:
- Automatic On-Board Recording Device
- Current e-log regulations
- Electronic Logging Device
- Future e-log regulations
- sent as a PDF via email
- printed and hand-delivered
- sent via Bluetooth
- transferred using a USB thumb drive
ELD logs are sent in a pre-packaged data file sent via:
- wireless web services
- USB 2.0 thumb drive
- Log edits are not stored or
- transferred to authorized safety officials.
- Log edits are stored and all edits are
- included in the data package sent to
- authorized safety officials.
- If installed before 12/18/2017.
- If FMCSA certified.